Change Consulting is seeking a Senior Communications Strategist/Director to support client and agency facing projects.
Change Consulting, a social change communications agency based in Oakland, is seeking a Senior Communications Strategist/Director to support client and agency facing projects. This position will work closely with our team to help social good organizations through branding, communications strategy and campaigns, media relations, social and digital media, and content services. We are a women of color owned company started in 2009, and serving nonprofits, foundations and mission-driven changemakers. More information can be found here: www.change-llc.com.
It’s all about love and community. We are fully committed to racial and social justice, and we want our passion to be reflected in everything we do: from client interaction and delivering quality services, to our growth and learning. We are rooted in our community and aim to give back. We act with love, fairness, respect, and open-mindedness toward [ourselves], each other, and our clients. We show generosity of spirit toward each other, our clients, and our community.
We deliver results. We are committed to making things happen. We’re a team of doers, and when we come up against a roadblock we’re quick to find and decide on a solution to make sure we keep pedaling forward. We believe in process to get results, while remaining flexible and nimble. This also means that we are committed to hard work, excellence, and results. Integrity, reliability and consistency are central in everything we do, and we strive to be as dependable as possible.
We love to grow. We are committed to constantly improving and innovating. We aim to always come up with new, outside-the-box ideas that will take our work to the next level. We value creativity in our team. We maximize our potential, and are committed to continuous growing and learning to better our skills and also increase our understanding of the issues we work on. We will offer opportunities for training, education and growth.
We keep our standards--and our spirits--high. While we work on a large amount of projects each year, we don’t want to compromise the quality of our work. Attention to detail is crucial in every task to ensure we are helping our clients achieve the best results possible. While we work hard, we also share a lot of laughs along the way. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and we aim to create an atmosphere of enjoyment, fun and lightness even as we work with our clients to tackle the toughest of challenges. Having an environment where we can be ourselves and have a good time is essential.
Ride or die. Being part of a small team means that we are often all hands on deck. We bring a creative and can-do attitude to every challenge and every project, and we start from a place of yes. We are all in on this mission together.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a motivated, results-oriented and entrepreneurial team member with integrity; a positive, can-do attitude; and commitment to social justice, particularly for communities of color. You will be empowered to ensure that we are providing the services to support our client partners to succeed in their policy, programmatic and fundraising related goals. This position has high expectations, but if you are the team member we are looking for, then you are already motivated by high expectations. This position reports to agency founder and will help manage internal team members. This is a full-time role, with a mix of remote and in person time, based in Oakland, California.
Essential functions Include:
- Manage client accounts, including meetings, communications, and coordination
- Manage client prospecting, marketing, proposal development, pitch meetings
- Lead client strategy sessions and workshops
- Lead in brainstorming sessions on client projects
- Develop and implement long-term and project-based communications strategies to meet clients’ goals and objectives
- Develop research-based core messaging platforms and stories
- Develop research-based brand identity and campaigns
- Lead research process to inform branding, campaigns and ongoing communications
- Develop and produce clients’ content to engage and educate audiences across various channels, including newsletters, blogs, graphics, website, social media
- Help develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels
- Help develop and execute email programs and strategies through campaigns and actions, including writing appeals and other calls-to-action
- Oversee development of and update and maintain clients’ websites and microsites, including design, development and updating
- Help manage and drive events and campaign rollouts, including developing email invitations, managing invitation lists, organizing Tweet chats and other online events, performing outreach and marketing, creating social sharing toolkits, managing “day of” social media and more
- Help support earned media strategies as needed, including pitching media outlets, producers, editors, and reporters and preparing briefing sheets for clients; understanding of the new media landscape and existing relationships with reporters a plus
- Identify good stories and exercise good storytelling skills
- Proofread and coordinate production of communications materials
- Develop presentations, including speeches and talking points, researching and analyzing information, planning logistics, graphic presentation and overall coordination
Education and/or Experience:
- At least seven to 10 years of relevant communications experience, including serving movement organizations, nonprofits and foundations
- Proven results using communications to advance social good and racial equity
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong commitment to racial justice and social justice
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and move projects, as well as manage relationships across organizations and teams
- Ability and desire to stay plugged into what’s happening in social justice, mass media and popular culture
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards
- Fun to work with, and doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- People of color, LGBTQ, TGNC folks strongly encouraged to apply
Compensation and Benefits:
This position has a starting salary of $95,000; we also offer health benefits, generous paid time off, a training/education stipend, and a commission/bonus structure.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.