Change Consulting, a social change communications agency based in Oakland, is seeking a Communications Manager/Digital Media Specialist to support client and agency facing projects.
We are looking for a motivated, results-oriented, and entrepreneurial team member with integrity; a positive, can-do attitude; and a deep and demonstrated commitment to racial and social justice for Black communities and communities of color. Working closely with our team, this position will lead and implement digital media services for clients, supporting the digital media aspects of integrated strategic communications campaigns, programs, and other projects. We are a Black-woman led and women-operated company started in 2009, and serving organizing and advocacy organizations, foundations, and mission-driven changemakers. Black, Indigenous, and people of color, LGBTQ, TGNC folks strongly encouraged to apply. More information can be found here: www.change-llc.com.
It’s all about love and community. We are fully committed to racial and social justice, and we want our passion to be reflected in everything we do: from client interaction and delivering quality services, to our growth and learning. We are rooted in our community and aim to give back. We act with love, fairness, respect, and open-mindedness toward ourselves, each other, and our clients. We show generosity of spirit toward each other, our clients, and our community.
We deliver results. We are committed to making things happen. We’re a team of doers, and when we come up against a roadblock we’re quick to find and decide on a solution to make sure we keep pedaling forward. We believe in process to get results, while remaining flexible and nimble. This also means that we are committed to hard work, excellence, and results. Integrity, reliability and consistency are central in everything we do, and we strive to be as dependable as possible.
We love to grow. We are committed to constantly improving and innovating. We aim to always come up with new, outside-the-box ideas that will take our work to the next level. We value creativity in our team. We maximize our potential, and are committed to continuous growing and learning to better our skills and also increase our understanding of the issues we work on. We will offer opportunities for training, education and growth.
We keep our standards--and our spirits--high. While we work on a large amount of projects each year, we don’t want to compromise the quality of our work. Attention to detail is crucial in every task to ensure we are helping our clients achieve the best results possible. While we work hard, we also share a lot of laughs along the way. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and we aim to create an atmosphere of enjoyment, fun and lightness even as we work with our clients to tackle the toughest of challenges. Having an environment where we can be ourselves and have a good time is essential.
Ride or die. Being part of a small team means that we are often all hands on deck. We bring a creative and can-do attitude to every challenge and every project, and we start from a place of yes. We are all in on this mission together.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be empowered to support our client partners to succeed in their policy-, programmatic-, culture-change and fundraising-related goals. This position has high expectations, but if you are the team member we are looking for, then you are already motivated by high expectations. This position reports to the agency founder. This is a full-time role, based in Oakland, California but remote for the time being due to the COVID-19 epidemic.
Essential functions Include:
- Support in developing and implementing long-term and project-based digital communications strategies that advance overall strategic communications to meet clients’ goals and objectives
- Develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels and platforms
- Develop and execute email programs and strategies through campaigns and actions, including writing appeals and other calls-to-action
- Oversee development of, update and maintain clients’ websites and microsites, including design and development
- Help develop and execute paid digital strategies including social media ads, remarketing, SEO, Google Ads and more
- Have working knowledge of digital analytics across channels and platforms and be able to support clients by making meaning of the analytics to strengthen their engagement with key audiences
- Support in managing and driving events and campaign rollouts by developing email invitations, managing invitation lists, organizing Tweet chats and other online events, performing digital outreach and marketing, creating social sharing toolkits, managing “day of” social media and more
- Help develop and produce clients’ content to engage and educate audiences across various channels, including newsletters, blogs, graphics, website, social media and paid media/digital advertising
- Identify good stories and exercise good storytelling skills online, identify messaging opportunities for clients as they arise on social media and acting quickly
- Support agency founder or client lead in managing client accounts, including scheduling and running meetings, agency/client communications, and coordination as needed
- Contribute channel expertise to brainstorming client projects and support the team through participation, note taking and summarizing next steps
Education and/or Experience:
- At least five years of relevant communications experience, including serving movement organizations, nonprofits and foundations
- Proven results using communications to advance social good and racial equity, specifically across digital channels
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong commitment to racial justice and social justice
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and organized, ability to produce results without supervision
- Ability to manage and move projects, as well as manage relationships across organizations and teams
- Ability and desire to stay plugged into what’s happening in social justice, mass media and popular culture
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards
- Fun to work with, and doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- People of color, LGBTQ, TGNC folks strongly encouraged to apply
Compensation and Benefits:
While we are based in Oakland, California, this position can be remote and has a starting salary of $75,000. We also offer health benefits, paid time off and a training/education stipend.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com.